Articles - Interview Advice
Find Interview Advice and Tips. Essential interview tips and find out more what to do during a job interview
The interview can be the most nerve-racking part of the job-hunting process. Being invited to an interview means you have successfully passed the first test of the application process, but the interview itself is your ultimate chance to shine.
The simple key to success is preparation
The interview essentially provides you with an opportunity to show your personality and further demonstrate why you are a suitable candidate. You want to be able to come across confident and relaxed during the discussion without showing too much stress.
You don’t want to look back wishing you had prepared more
Instead, follow our guide below to the necessary simple steps and techniques you can apply to help calm those pre-interview nerves and achieve success.
- Research the company
- Look into the job role as much as possible
- Study all the key areas you aim to discuss during the interview
- Test-run the interview, practice answering the questions you think the employer may ask
- Ensure you know the location of the interview
- If you can, test the journey
- Prepare questions to ask the interviewer
- Get a good sleep the night before!
ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR MAKING A GOOD IMPRESSION
- Ensure you have all the correct documentation required
- Dress appropriately
- Listen to an uplifting piece of music before you go in
- Be punctual (10 minutes before the interview is always a good thing)
- Friendly smile and firm handshake when introducing yourself
- Eye contact with the interviewer and be aware of your body language
- Take deep breaths, relax, answer questions at a natural pace
- Stay to the point! Try not to answer just ‘yes or no’ but avoid long winded stories
- If you’re a smoker, don’t smoke before you go into the interview