STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Media, Digital & Creative
£60,000 Per Annum
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionA premier design agency based in the Midlands is seeking a 3D Designer to join its expanding team.
Our client is a leading design agency offering a broad-range of services to museums, heritage sites, visitor attractions, science centres and iconic cultural destinations. Critically acclaimed worldwide, they have delivered in excess of 500 interpretive and interactive schemes. Each one, a diverse and captivating exhibition or environment.
The existing 50+ strong team of creative professionals are talented and take a collaborative approach to project working. They hold a formidable reputation for conceptual design and a seamless transition for this person into the team is absolutely key. The successful candidate must be a natural leader, be impactful, be inspiring, be collaborative and be able to demonstrate the appropriate skills and knowledge required to manage up to 15 designers and support staff within the studio.
As a 3D Designer, your duties will be to:
- Create thoughtful and engaging interpretive design solutions.
- Communicate your creativity through a range of sketches, creative software and modelling packages - such as SketchUp or 3ds Max.
- Create or brief others in the development of AUTO CAD drawings for fabrication and construction.
- Present your own and other team members’ ideas to clients - preparing and leading client workshops and presentations as necessary.
- Work alongside and brief 3rd Parties such as illustrators, content developers, script editors, lighting, audio visual and software designers, architects and engineers etc.
- People management – be responsible for up to 15 designers and support staff. ‘Top level’ hire for the organisation and an opportunity for accelerated promotion.
To be a successful 3D Designer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong design skills with experience working within spatial communication.
- Need to demonstrate that you are ready to lead and to take a more strategic view.
- Creative / technical drawing skills.
- The ability to travel and work internationally.
- Experience of working in North America or the Middle East would be advantageous.
- Experience within the heritage and attractions industry.
- Effective use of 3D software packages, knowledge and understanding of construction, materials, etc.
- Working knowledge of industry standard software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, AutoCAD 2015 as a minimum, Microsoft Office etc.
- Knowledge, understanding and the ability to apply Health and Safety / CDM / Building regulations / Accessibility Guidelines / Statutory approvals and best practice in design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- People management skills.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.