STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Access Branch Manager
Admin, Secretarial & PA
28th February 2018
Job DescriptionPosition: Access Branch Manager
Location: West Thurrock, Essex
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
SGB, part of the Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services Group, focus on commercial scaffolding services as well as training, hire & sale, mechanical and powered access equipment enabling customers to work safely and efficiently at height.
Dating back to 1919, they are one of the industry’s best known, and well respected names within the access services field.
Due to their continued growth, they now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Branch Manager to join the organisation.
The Access Branch Manager Role:
The main purpose of this Access Branch Manager role is to manage, control and lead all aspects of the Access business across the defined geographical area, incorporating E&D, Hire & Sale and Mechanical Access.
You will be accountable for the Operational, Commercial, Business Development and Financial delivery of the branch in line with the UK Business Plan.
- Overall responsibility for the financial performance of the location covering scaffolding, mechanical access and hire and sales
- Develop customers and margins in line with the budget and business plan
- Manage and lead the branch team in accordance with the business plan to achieve the best results for the business and its shareholders
- Maximise the productivity of HGV vehicles and ensure external haulage costs are kept to a minimum in line with budget
- Ensure that 100% of transport costs are fully recovered within the monthly billing
- Manage internal workshop and yard functions in accordance with company procedures and industry health and safety legislation
- Establish target customer base for hire and sales and develop in to a stable and consistent platform
- Promote customer care at all times and respond positively and promptly to customer complaints
- Effectively lead and manage all staff, ensuring appraisals are carried out, personal development is achieved and standards of discipline and personal conduct meet the company’s exacting standards
- Lead, develop, coach, promote and where necessary recruit ‘best in class’ members of the team who will excel in their respective roles
- Maintain and promote teamwork and encourage cross business fertilisation where possible
- Knowledge of the Scaffolding business able to demonstrate previous hands on experience, ideally knowledge of Mechanical Access business
- Previous experience in Branch/Operations Management within the construction industry
- Previous experience in managing multiple business streams, teams and exposure to the scaffolding / access industry would be beneficial
- Previous experience in the bulk sales market
- Experience in managing a large, complex, labour intensive, customer-facing operations
- Experience of successfully running a large profit and loss trading statement
- Must be an energetic leader; robust and determined
- Effective communicator, with sound planning and organising skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours to allow the business to meet its customer commitments and business targets
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Fantastic working environment, with excellent career progression
In order to apply for this Access Branch Manager position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
Keywords: Access, Scaffolding, Mechanical, Construction, Branch Manager, Sales Manager, Team Leader, Area Sales, Operations Manager, Hire, Business Development
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.