STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Accounts Assistant (Credit Control)
£18,000 to £20,000 Per Annum
10th April 2018
Job DescriptionJob title: Accounts Assistant (Credit Control)
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 dependent on experience
Working hours: Permanent, full-time.
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
THE COMPANY: Accounts Assistant - West Bromwich, West Midlands
Our client, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands, makes an exciting range of systems for the construction, automotive, acoustic and audio markets, exporting to numerous countries around the world. They are a leading manufacturer of engineered facade and roofing systems to the architectural sector, complemented by a comprehensive range of fasteners, load bearing components and accessories.
They are looking for experienced accounts Assistant to join their finance team
THE ROLE: Accounts Assistant - West Bromwich, West Midlands
The Accounts Assistant will provide support to Accounts Office personnel for both Sales and Purchase Ledgers including the high volume matching and processing of purchase invoices, maintaining cash books, credit control via telephone calls and email, releasing sales orders and general duties such as filing and post
Key responsibilities for the Accounts Assistant role in West Bromwich to include:
Examples of duties and responsibilities in supporting both Sales and Purchase ledger include:-
- Perform all aspects of credit control by telephone and email including releasing sales orders.
- Maintaining the sales and purchase ledger cash books.
- Preparing and posting sales invoices and statements.
- High volume purchase invoice 3-way matching and processing.
- Reconciling supplier statements and chasing outstanding invoices.
- Processing expenses claims.
- Opening and distribution of post.
- Dealing with both sales and purchase ledger telephone calls as necessary.
- Filing to ensure the Accounts Office is kept as paper free as possible at all times.
THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE -OTHER DUTIES MAYBE REQUIRED THAT ARE CONSIDERED REASONABLE FOR THE ROLE AND TO SUPPORT OTHER FUNCTIONS
THE CANDIDATE: Accounts Assistant - West Bromwich, West Midlands
The ideal candidate will have had previous credit control/ sales & ledger experience, and be used to talking to clients on the telephone- ideally from a relevant industry (manufacturing/Construction/etc.) although this is not essential. It is essential that you have credit control & sales/purchase ledger experience, and working knowledge of Sage (Sage 200 would be highly desirable) proficient including Ms Office products. A relevant accounting qualification/ or studying towards a qualification would be highly desirable
CRITERIAS: Accounts Assistant - West Bromwich, West Midlands
- Previous experience in a similar role essential
- Working knowledge of Credit Control procedures and systems
- Experience of dealing with both sales and purchase ledger telephone calls
- Strong IT and Administrative skills
- Good standard of education
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Pro-active, positive and flexible attitude
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Experience from a relevant industry (manufacturing/Construction/Logistics industry) highly advantageous
- Experience of using Sage ( Sage 200 a distinct advantage)
Are you the Accounts Assistant we are looking for in West Bromwich?
If yes, please click the apply button today. You will be directed to a short online assessment to support your CV.