STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
£18,000 Per Annum
2nd May 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: Burnley
JOB TITLE: Accounts Clerk
SALARY & BENEFITS: Circa £18,000 PA
WORKING HOURS: 9.00am – 5.00pm
THE COMPANY: Our client based in Burnley town has been trading for 11 years, building a strong customer base over the years. As a busy retail establishment, they now require an experienced Accounts Clerk to join them.
THE ROLE: The Accounts Clerk will become an important member of a small team and will be responsible for the day to day operation of the accounts department. You will cover all aspects of the accounts function including
• Purchase ledger – booking in stock, reconcile with purchase orders and invoice queries and price checking.
• Sales Ledger – reconcile with stock levels, process and despatch goods and invoices.
• Bank Payments – cash reconciliation, customer cheque and electronic payments
• Bank reconciliation
• Banking – Day to day banking including cash and credit cards
• Supplier Payment processing
• General Office Administration – telephone answering, taking orders etc
• Petty Cash control
• Credit Control
• SAGE Accounts experience essential.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies and equipment.
Credit Control is an important aspect of your role. This role would suit either an experienced bookkeeper or Accounts clerk who is looking for a long term position with a committed team in a local business.
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will need to have previous experience in an Accounts / Bookkeeping based role. You will need be confident and experienced in Credit Control and also have SAGE Accounts software experience. Being a team player is really important.
Key experience essential for the Accounts Clerk role:
• Live within a commutable distance of Burnley
• Credit Control experience
• SAGE Accounts experience essential
Does this sound like you? If yes, then please hit the ‘apply now’ button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.