STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Business Development Manager
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for a demanding but rewarding role within our client’s Business Development Team based at their head offices in Orpington, although working from their other SE London sites may be necessary.
The Role of Business Development Manager
The existing Business Development Team offers both quality administrative support and many years of relevant industry experience for this well-established and continually growing waste management and recycling business. The position involves:
• A principal focus on the muck away, aggregate, materials and rail hub side of our client’s business and this new role requires a combination of both industry relevant sales and buying experience and expertise.
• Customer interaction for both new business as well as customer relationship management by phone, email and face-to-face.
• Identifying, opening and developing new and existing client opportunities in a pro-active sales environment.
• Acting as an account manager for designated accounts.
• Achieving and managing personal / corporate targets and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with the senior management & BDM teams taking responsibility for managing dedicated accounts.
• Maintenance, delivery and growth into existing clients.
• Full end-to-end management of the account management process, including but not exclusive to rate negotiation, service escalation, client reviews and overall engagement with the customer.
• Identification of new business opportunities to fulfil client requirements.
• Take full responsibility for dedicated accounts.
• Ability to present the Company to existing clients, ranging from junior level through to Senior Management.
• Liaise with client and credit control department to ensure seamless invoicing process.
• Negotiating rates and placing work with sub-contractors
Experience / Qualifications:
• Ideally 3+ years sales / relationship management experience within waste management
• Account development experience
• Negotiation and buying experience
• Excellent computer skills including Word / Excel / PowerPoint
• History of achieving personal and divisional sales targets
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
To be successful for the role of Business Development Manager, you must have:
• A strong work ethic
• Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A smart individual appearance and well organised personal time management
• A mature and level-headed outlook on life
• High levels of resilience and innovation
• Being a self-starter with the commitment to achieve
• Excellent documentation skills
• The ability to perform under pressure
Should you be successful in your application for the role of Business Development Manager, you would be provided with a salary of circa £60,000 per annum (negotiable) and a benefits package which includes Life Insurance.
If you feel that, you fit the requirements above and are ready to embark on a fresh new opportunity to carve yourself a long-term career with this company then please apply now.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Sales, business development, field sales,