STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Business Object (BOBJ) Consultant
IT & Telecoms
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Annual performance related bonus, Pension, etc
11th January 2018
Job DescriptionJob Title: Business Object (BOBJ) Consultant
Permanent – Fulltime
Salary: Excellent Salary (Negotiable DOE) + excellent benefits
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Who we are- Business Object Senior consultant- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
My client, based in Cambridge, is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation
What it’s about- Business Object Senior consultant- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
They are currently looking for an experienced BOBJ (Business Object) Consultant to join their in-house SAP Centre of Excellence. You will be required to provide 3rd line support, deliver business as usual enhancements for those areas of the business in which SAP has already been implemented, as well as engaging in the ongoing SAP implementation project.
You will be working independently to drive root cause analysis for production incidents as well as managing business stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancements.
The SAP Centre of Excellence is made up of experienced SAP Professionals (Functional, Development and Basis), providing support for examination processing and associated activities in SAP (Finance, procurement, CRM etc.) as well as supporting the continuing Transformation Project establishing and rolling out SAP across the company.
What you’ll be doing- Business Object Senior consultant- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Providing 3rd level support for BOBJ and to a lesser extent to BW, and associated interfaces and reports.
- Liaising with business representatives and Centre of Excellence colleagues to design appropriate solutions.
- Understanding complex and variable business requirements, and where appropriate challenging them, and communicating to a range of stakeholders.
- Hands-on configuration and customisation alongside root cause analysis.
- End to end delivery of enhancements (requirements, solution design, development, testing strategy, documentation)
- Supporting the ongoing implementations of SAP across the business
What we’re looking for- Business Object Senior consultant - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Business Objects expertise (ideally on 4.1 or 4.2), including but not restricted to: Crystal Reports for Enterprise, Webi, Analysis for Excel using BICS or Universe connections.
- BOBJ CMC Administration skills.
- BOBJ Authorizations and Security skills.
- Data modelling, reporting & analytics solution designs across functional areas (finance, sales, procurement, etc.) using SAP and non-SAP data.
- End to end implementation of the solution chosen, ideally both in a project and support background, is desirable.
- Good understanding of SAP BW is necessary; experience on SAP BW implementation would be advantageous, ideally on HANA 7.4.
- Good understanding of SAP ECC Functional Modules, FI, CO, MM, SD, COPA.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise own workload within a busy working environment
- Working in a user-facing support role
- Transforming business requirements into solution designs
- Delivering business change and process improvement initiatives
- Understanding of Process frameworks such as ITIL
- Drive and enthusiasm alongside a pragmatic and flexible approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, Excellent salary and benefits.
Benefits-Business Object Senior consultant (SAP) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
In addition to a competitive salary, the client offers a superb range of benefits:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Support for professional qualifications