STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Carer / Care Assistant
Charity & Voluntary
£18,000 to £19,000 Per Annum
4th April 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: Ribchester, Preston
JOB TITLE: Carer / Care Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Starting salary of £18,000 - £19,000 with the potential to earn a higher salary as you progress.
Enhanced holiday incentives, Recommend a friend bonus £250 per friend, £75 a night sleep –in payment and OFSTED performance bonus
WORKING HOURS: Shift Pattern / Full Time
Week one – Monday & Tuesday 2pm – 10.30pm. Saturday & Sunday 8.45am – 10.30pm
Week two – Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 2pm – 10.30pm
THE COMPANY: Our client offers residential care, education and domiciliary care for children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning, Physical Disabilities and complex needs with associated challenging behaviour and young people with SEBD. They have a fantastic opportunity available for Carer / Care Assistants to join their team in Ribchester, Preston.
Key Responsibilities for the Carer / Care Assistant role to include:-
• Induction of each young person to ensure you are developing and sustaining professional, positive and constructive relationships with each young person in order to meet his/her social, moral, intellectual, physical and emotional needs
• Assisting or leading (if key worker) in the monitoring and review of each young person’s needs and development
• Ensuring that the provision for the care of the young person (s), including his/her general health and personal hygiene, is maintained at a consistently high standard
• Assisting with the shopping, preparation, cooking and serving of meals in the home, as well as the clearing-up, washing and storing of crockery and utensils
• To assist staff in the settling of the young people (for the Waking Nights position)
• Ensure the building is safe and secure at all times (for the Waking Nights position)
THE CANDIDATE: For the role of Carer / Care Assistant, you will be a reliable and flexible team player. You will be friendly, kind, honest, reassuring and an effective communicator. You share the company's goal of delivering excellent care and you will need to live within a commutable distance to Ribchester, Preston.
Key experience essential for the role of Carer / Care Assistant:-
• Awareness of the general health, safety and welfare of young people.
• Ability to follow a work pattern and attend work punctually and reliably
• Experience working with children/ adults with learning disabilities/ difficulties is necessary due to the nature of the role.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.