STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Commercial Content Editor
Media, Digital & Creative
£30,000 Per Annum
12th April 2018
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Commercial Content Editor
LOCATION: Covering North West England
SALARY & BENEFITS: £30,000 rising to £35,000 if targets are exceeded (after 6 month probation period)
THE COMPANY: Johnston Press are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
THE ROLE: We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Content Editor to join the team in North West England. This is a new role so requires a natural leader who can couple a revenue-generating mindset with a deep understanding of how our content engages readers in all formats across all our platforms.
Key responsibilities of the Commercial Content Editor, North West England
• Spot opportunities for generating revenue from editorial leads and contacts
• Develop those leads and contacts
• Meet clients (with commercial colleague) to establish, secure or develop relationships
• Prepare a client brief (how we can work together for the benefit of your business/project)
• Meet clients to pitch for business
• If the client expresses interest in the pitch, liaise with commercial colleague, who will then prepare detailed costing
• Prepare detailed brief of what will be delivered for the cost quoted.
• Liaise with relevant editorial manager to brief, plan and discuss execution of project.
THE CANDIDATE: You will be an editorial manager who has the experience, market knowledge and willingness to both spot opportunities for enhanced commercial activity while at the same time ensure that the integrity of JP journalism is preserved.
You will be at home in our multimedia and analytics-driven world, with a passion for managing and developing long-term relationships and the ideas to deliver successful marketing solutions in print, online and social.
Key Experience/ Characteristics required for the Commercial Content Editor, North West England
• Previous experience in an editorial management position
• Excellent market knowledge with the ability to spot commercial opportunities
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps