STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
£37,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
10th January 2018
Job DescriptionThe UK's largest water and wastewater services company who supply 2.6 billion litres (570 million imperial gallons) of drinking water per day, and treats 4.4 billion litres (970 million imperial gallons) of wastewater per day are seeking a Consolidation Accountant to join their expanding team in Reading.
You will be joining at an exciting time of change where you will support the team in transitioning from traditional management accounting to a business partnering model, providing more influence on how we do business and what improvements can be made. You will be part of a great team and have a real sense of achievement.
As a Consolidation Accountant your role will include:
- Month end reporting - Critically review and present retail results, cost to serve and FTE reporting for actuals, forecast and budget. Analysis of variances and presentation of these in the month end across all retail areas. Maintain and develop the reporting packs, updating to meet changing requirements of management.
- Business Partnering - Ensure the retail leadership team receive the specific financial information needed to make the right decisions by understanding the core drivers and important outputs. Work with business partner for each area to strengthen as well as standardise the management accounts information provided; ensuring continuous improvement for our processes. Ensure risks and opportunities are identified and flagged as appropriate.
- FTE reporting by leading the finance activity around updates to the FTE process. Provide updates on the correct cost centres. Ensure that recharges in and out of retail are adequately supported and understood. General ledger maintenance; updates to cost centres, recharges rates across retail business.
The ideal Consolidation Accountant will have the following skills and experience:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified.
- Proven business partnering experience.
- Confident and self-motivated to provide professional advice and guidance in our decision makings.
- Proven track record of analysis, turning data into a presentable format by identifying key issues.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential as well as the ability to be resilient, flexible and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Well-versed in building strong relationships with internal stakeholders of all levels and thus possess good influencing skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and be confident with using finance systems and packages (SAP and HFM experience beneficial).
Due to the nature of this role, travel is required.
In return the Consolidation Accountant will receive a salary of £ [You must Apply on line] £50000 depending on skills and experience plus an excellent package including a competitive contributory pension and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus many more.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.