STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Job DescriptionThe Largest water and waste-water services company in the UK are seeking to appoint a Contracts Manager to join their team in Reading. The company provide an essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London. On a typical day, they supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and their 350-sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2 billion litres of waste water.
The successful candidate will work within a close knit team as part of the wider commercial team and be responsible for a portfolio of high-value wastewater contracts as well as developing a small team. You will ensure suppliers deliver in line with their agreements, monitor their performance and build ongoing relationships. The company are the midst of great change within the business and strive for continuous improvement; you will be working closely with suppliers to push for innovations and cost-effective solutions.
This is a high profile role within the business with personal development opportunities, including direct engagement with director-level stakeholders. You will the opportunity to work closely with other teams, including, legal, financial, regulatory, operational and market experts.
As a Contracts Manager you will be responsible for : -
• Contract identification between departments to support requirement for a compliant and competitive Retail non-household business at market opening;
• Contract structuring, bidding and negotiating from a company perspective to achieve optimum risk allocation and best value whilst ensuring focus on customer;
• Adhering to and supporting the development of enduring contract management processes;
• Ensuring that all processes followed are in line with legislation and company policies and are auditable with key documents, information and communications confidentially stored;
• Driving continuous improvement in contract development through close engagement with internal and external customers;
• Developing good working relationships and close liaison with clients and utilising your current market knowledge and commercial awareness of the changes occurring in the water sector along with the external logistics market, and your knowledge of best practice in a customer service environment.
To be a successful Contracts Manager you will have the following skills and experience: -
• Possess strong technical understanding of high-value commercial & contract management;
• Proven track record of driving performance improvement of existing processes using customer insight, market analysis and commercial acumen.
• Experienced and driven people manager with the ability to lead, develop and engage with a team;
• A robust background in customer-facing engagement;
• A great attention to detail, exceptional analytical / numerical skills and an ability to communicate information & influence key stakeholders at all levels;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Ability to lead, develop and engage with your team.
In return, the Contracts Manager will receive a salary of £42k - £50k depending on experience + an excellent benefits package including a competitive contributory pension and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus many more.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.