STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Contracts Relationship Manager
Job DescriptionThe Largest water and waste-water services company in the UK are seeking to appoint a Contracts Relationship Manager to join their team in Reading. The company provide an essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London. On a typical day, they supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and their 350-sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2 billion litres of waste water.
The successful candidate will be working within a close kit team as part of the wider commercial team, owning the supplier-client experience for a significant and high value portfolio. You will be responsible for ensuring both the business and suppliers have an effective & long-lasting relationship to enable effective service delivery and encourage continuous improvement & innovation.
This is a high profile Manager role within the business with personal development opportunities, including direct engagement with director-level stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other teams, including, legal, financial, regulatory, operational and market experts.
The Contracts Relationship Manager will be responsible for: -
• Delivering commercial and contractual cost efficiency, value for money and performance management;
• Driving to maximise service performance using challenge and innovation, taking appropriate risks, rewarding performance where necessary, and forming effective and professional associations both internally and externally;
• Contributing to supplier management / service partner business plans and processes to forecast, track and report on performance. Positively participating in the ongoing operation and governance of the commercial strategy;
• Structuring, bidding and negotiation of contracts from a company perspective to achieve optimum risk allocation and best value whilst ensuring focus on customer;
• Driving continuous improvement in development through close engagement with internal and external customers;
• Developing good working partnerships and close liaison with clients and monitor commercial deliverables whilst utilising your current market knowledge and commercial awareness of the changes occurring in the market along with the external logistics market, and your knowledge of best practice in a customer service environment.
An ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience: -
• Strong experience of managing ongoing relationships associations with service providers;
• Experience in owning a portfolio of high-value contracts;
• Robust background in customer-facing engagement;
• A great attention to detail, exceptional influencing skills and an ability to communicate / translate technical information to key stakeholders at all levels;
• Strong negotiation skills are essential; having CIPS would have advantageous;
• A proven track record of driving performance improvement of existing processes using customer insight, and market analysis and your commercial acumen.
Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence is required.
In return you will receive a salary of £42k - £50k per annum, depending on experience + an excellent
benefits package including a competitive contributory pension and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus many more.
Please note, you will need to apply with a covering letter describing what impact you have made and how you proactively managed & developed relationships in your current / previous roles.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.