STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Control Systems Engineer
12th June 2018
Job DescriptionCONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER / SALFORDS / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer to join us.
Key Responsibilities of the Control Systems Engineer:
- Design & Code (PLC & HMI) development for the RTT machine control
- Controls code maintenance, problem resolution and troubleshooting
- Development of interfaces to 3rd party airport systems (BHS) using industry standard protocols such as Ethernet/IP, Profibus, ProfiNet.
- Supporting Operations and Manufacturing with process automation tools
- General systems engineering, including testing and verification.
- Collaboration with other disciplines (Mechanical /Electrical /Electronics /Test) in the engineering team
- Application of good software version management
- Support activities for product lifecycle maintenance, such as obsolesce & cost reductions
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business
- Extensive PLC programming experience, preferably with Allen Bradley / RSLogix5000
- Programming for panel HMI’s or SCADA systems
- General systems engineering processes and procedures including requirements writing, system testing and verification
- Significant customer facing experience in a systems integration role
- Working within a disciplined code development & code maintaining environment with good configuration control
- Candidates should be degree qualified in Engineering or a similar technical subject. Equivalent experience is also acceptable
- Experience in Siemens PLC programming or Linux OS based systems and scripting would be an advantage. Knowledge of airport baggage handling systems would be a bonus but general experience of control and automation engineering will be considered
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
- Fantastic career progression – Opportunity to work within an industry leading organisation
If you are interested in this Control Systems Engineer position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
Keywords: Control Systems Engineer, Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, PLC, Testing, Tester, Linux, HMI, Salfords, Redhill, Surrey
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.