Search for jobs in your town
Experienced Curry /Tandoori Chef X 2
We are an award winning fine dining Indian Restaurant looking for Experienced Curry and Tandoori Chefs to join our team .
We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking individuals with a good knowledge of Tandoori and Indian Curries, a willingness to learn and develop new ideas in preparation and presentation, a good team player with the ability to work under pressure and will be able to implement and maintain a high standard of hygiene.You will work closely with the Head chef in developing a diverse range of cooking styles and new dishes.
Main Responsibilities/Key Tasks:
• Will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the section for which you are responsible.
• Will continually experiment and adapt varying styles of cooking, and in particular the concept behind modern fusion cooking.
• Will be responsible for the development of Menu planning and implementation of innovative dishes
• Responsible for food preparation, especially taking responsibility to ensure that the food cooked at the final stages are prepared with the freshest ingredients and meet high standards.
• Monitoring portion and wastage control.
• Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment and ensure that you adhere to strict food hygiene standards and Health and Safety regulations.
• Any other duties as and when requested by the Head chef.
2 Skilled Chefs are required 1 Indian Curry and 1 Tandoori Chef
Skills and Attributes
• Good knowledge of regional Indian cuisines
• Good cooking skills and techniques
• Organisational ability and a passion for food
• Possess good stamina, be versatile and with a willingness to learn
• Ability to work under pressure
• Striving to exceed customer expectations at all times.