STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
13th June 2018
Job DescriptionWorking in partnership with world class customers and exporting to over 30 countries from its modern manufacturing facility, this company has built a strong reputation for design, technical support and engineering expertise and is now seeking a Design Engineer based in Birmingham to join its expanding team. Based within walking distance of Aston railway station, this role is accessible from all areas of Birmingham.
As a Design Engineer your duties will include:
- Producing accurate design and manufacturing data on time and on cost.
- Taking individual responsibility for the generation of ideas to fulfil customer and business expectations with products which are suited to manufacture at the Birmingham facility.
- Taking the lead role in the early stages of the company’s APQP NPI programme.
- Ensuring long term product safety and reliability by contributing to validation and test programme development.
- Exploring the advantages of using modern materials, processes and techniques.
To be a successful Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level (typically mechanical, manufacturing or industrial disciplines).
- Experienced beyond graduation within a manufacturing company or industrial design practice.
- Experience / understanding of:
- 3D CAD (Solidworks a distinct advantage)
- Working projects within an APQP framework
- Working with a Test Engineer to develop validation techniques and programmes
- Modern manufacturing techniques and processes
- Direct customer interface
- Some electrical experience an advantage
- Clean driving licence.
In return, the Engineer will receive a salary of up to £40,000 per annum.