STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Media, Digital & Creative
£20,000 Per Annum
12th March 2018
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Digital Journalist
SALARY & BENEFITS: £20,000
WORKING HOURS: 24/7 shift pattern
THE COMPANY: Johnston Press are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
THE ROLE: We are currently recruiting for a Digital Journalist to join the team in Edinburgh.
Working in a growing central team, you'll deliver rapid, highly shareable, trending content to sites across our group and be part of a growing team as our audience expands.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the Digital Journalist will have a keen news sense and a natural understanding of social media. You will have the ability to follow analytics, identify trending stories and come up with original content ideas.
You will be comfortable in a fast-paced media environment and have the flexibility to work within a 24/7 rota, including evening and weekend shifts.
Key Experience/ Characteristics required for the Digital Journalist, Edinburgh
- Experience of working in a fast paced newsroom or digital platform
- An understanding of how tone and news agenda impact brand values
- Previous experience of using a website content management system
- An awareness of SEO principles and best practice
- Familiarity with basic photo editing tools
- Good interview skills and a tenacity to find the right person to talk to
- A good knowledge of media law and the Editors Code of Practice
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent experience
- Strong writer, story teller and communicator
Does this sound like you? Are If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps