STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Director of Sports & Sports Partnerships
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Director of Sports & Sports Partnerships
LOCATION: Near Beverley, East Yorkshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: £40,000 to £45,000 (depending on qualifications & experience)
WORKING HOURS: Full Time -– Full Time (including some evening and weekend working)
THE COMPANY: Our client provides a wide range of sporting facilities, at both our Bishop Burton and Riseholme Showground Campuses. Our client’s facilities include high quality outdoor grass and artificial pitches, indoor halls, strength and conditioning suites and a commercially run fitness suite across both campuses. Their investment in facilities has now reached £10m.
Facilities alone however don't make a winning team, which is why our client also provides professional coaching. Their current coaches are available to all students who are seeking to improve their sporting skills and make it onto a College team. All College sports teams receive regular training and coaching and our academy programmes are some of the best in the college sector.
The Sports Academy programme provides regular opportunities for students wishing to both follow their academic studies and have the chance to pursue excellence in their chosen sport. These represent the college in some of the highest levels of BUCS and AoC Sport nationally. Our client also host a range of professional sports Academies, for example Hull City and the City of Hull Academy.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the College Principal, the Director of Sports & Sports Partnerships will develop and manage all the Sporting academies, facilities and staff. The post holder will also develop and support the relationship with our current partners, and generate commercial sponsorship, develop our Elite Athletes Programme and promote and manage sporting events at the College.
Key Responsibilities for the Director of Sports & Sports Partnerships to include:-
• To develop and manage all the Sporting academies, facilities and staff.
• Will develop and support the relationship with our current partners
• Generate commercial sponsorship
• To develop our Elite Athletes Programme
• Promote and manage sporting events at the College
Please note the above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be asked to carry out any additional duties as per management instruction.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will be an outstanding manager with experience of working in a sport related environment, including working with national governing bodies or similar organisations. With first class management skills, you will also be confident in building professional relationships and partnerships and have the ability to develop high performing teams.
Key experience essential for the role of the Director of Sports & Sports Partnerships position based near Beverley, East Yorkshire:
• Degree or similar level qualification in sports or management-related discipline
• Experience as a senior manager within a sport related environment
• Experience of commercial sports facility management
• Experience of working with National Governing Bodies of sport and/or similar or related organisations
• Experience of preparing budgets, delivering these against agreed programmes, and monitoring their expenditure
• Experience of managing staff teams, both salaried and volunteer
• Experience of generating revenue from commercial partnerships and other external sources and successfully growing such relationships
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Director of Sports & Sports Partnerships position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.