STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Driver Multi-Drop Delivery
Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of Multi-Drop Delivery Drivers to be based from a distribution centre in Aldershot. This company is an expanding local company working with one of the largest delivery networks in the UK, delivering worldwide.
The company’s successful team combines over 30 years’ experience within this expanding industry, and it thrives on providing the very best service to its clients. It continues to hold on to its traditional values whilst looking forward, and realises that its team members are the most important part of the business.
As a new starter, you’ll benefit from great training to ensure you achieve the very best standards within the multi-drop parcel industry and enjoy extensive support from the experienced team. This role can lead to fast career progression for driven individuals.
As a Multi-Drop Delivery Driver your duties will include:
• Safely delivering and collecting around 100 stops per day over a relatively small area in the company’s large LWB vans.
• Planning your own route efficiently.
• Completing all necessary paperwork.
• Using handheld scanners to track parcels and capture signatures as proof of delivery.
• Loading and unloading your own vehicle.
An ideal Multi-Drop Delivery Driver will have the following skills and experience:
• Safe and competent driver, preferably with commercial driving experience.
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude towards this challenging role.
• Reliable, polite and friendly with a customer service focus.
• Full valid driving licence for at least 3 years (preferably clean although we may consider some minor points), for insurance purposes, preferably over age 25.
• Able to complete a Standard Criminal Record Disclosure.
• Good time keeping skills with the ability to work as part of a supportive team.
• Ability to comply with set processes.
• Ability to map out a basic route from A-Z.
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
You will be working Monday to Friday, some Saturday paid overtime is also available. Working hours vary slightly depending on the delivery route but a usual working day would be 6.30am – 4:30pm.
In return, the Multi-Drop Delivery Driver will receive a minimum salary of between £18,000 and £21,000 + per annum with 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays), with potential to earn more in future for the right candidates.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.