Search for jobs in your town
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Job DescriptionA global leader in the advanced manufacturing of specialist products for leading-edge technology application is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist based in Taunton to join its expanding team.
The company is part of a growing US Nasdaq listed multinational company that employs over 1500 people around the world. As a result of 25%+ year on year growth, this is a newly created ‘Clean sheet’ strategic Officer role to support the company’s move into a new purpose-built world class advanced manufacturing facility that has been commissioned and is scheduled for completion in 2018. The opportunity to build-on, create and implement a new robust EHS System and be regarded as the company EHS expert.
As the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist your duties will include:
• Applying best practice containment, PPE and particulate decontamination processes and procedures, as well as applying a strong general knowledge of relevant EHS practice.
• Being responsible for researching, understanding and interpreting and implementing best working practices around HSE, EA and US OSHA and Department of Energy standards for the safe processing of restricted materials on site.
• Being responsible for defining best working practices, control limits and making observations, investigations and recommendations on EHS matters to the senior management team.
• Liaising with government and other external regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with all relevant standards and commitments.
• Maintaining and improving existing EHS systems, while ensuring the wellbeing of all employees and contractors on site.
To be a successful Environmental Health and Safety Specialist you will have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum NEBOSH Certificated with working experience, ideally NEBOSH Diploma or MSc level in a related subject.
• Hands-on experience in a similar position with a strong background in containment and decontamination processes and general EHS practice working within a specialist industry such as Nuclear, Semiconductor or Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences where potentially hazardous materials have to be contained and regulated.
• Strong understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety processes and procedures in relation to the containment of air particulate hazards - hazardous dusts and particulate air contaminants.
• Experience in assessing, defining and implementing PPE and other risk control measures.
• Good presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate risk management priorities and progress to management and colleagues.
In return, the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist will receive a salary of £ [You must Apply on line] £42000 per annum plus many attractive benefits and a relocation package if required.