STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Estates Surveyor (York)
Construction & Property
£31,000 Per Annum
25th May 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: York
JOB TITLE: Estates Surveyor
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting salary of £31,136 per annum
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week but some flexibility may be required.
THIS MATERNITY COVER FOR A 12 MONTH PERIOD
THE COMPANY: The Reserve Forces’ & Cadets’ Association (RFCA) in Yorkshire & The Humber is an independent, community-based organisation with the responsibility of advising and assisting the Defence Council on issues concerning the 3,000 reservists and more than 8,500 cadets in the region. With its headquarters in York, the RFCA helps to promote and support the Reserve Forces and Cadets across the region, and by harnessing the extensive knowledge and experience of its membership, works to build relationships and increase understanding between military and civilian communities
Key Responsibilities/duties of an Estates Surveyor to include:-
• Routine and reactive maintenance on allocated sites.
• Project management of Capital works from design to completion.
• Private residential dwelling adaptations.
• Management, maintenance and scrutiny of contractors.
• Management of delegated budgets.
• Management of department website and CRM database.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the Estates Surveyor role will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to work well in a small team with the ability to prioritise your workload. You will have a can do attitude and be empathetic when needed. You will need to live within a commutable distance to York.
Key experience essential for the role of Estates Surveyor:-
• A full clean driving licence
• Educated to HND in a building surveying or construction related discipline OR membership of the Institute of Clerk of Works or Institute of Maintenance and Building Management would also be acceptable
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps