STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Handy Person (Building Maintenance)
£12 Per Hour
10th May 2018
Job DescriptionA facilities management sector of this expanding company is seeking a part time Handy Person to join its team.
This company aims to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. It is used to working in critical and secure environments.
Its expertise in sectors such as schools, prisons, courts and hospitals and other public sector facilities is second to none. It has been established for over 100 years, operate in 95 countries, globally and employ around 585,000 employees globally, which allows for the opportunity for personal development and growth within.
As the Handy Person, your duties will be to:
- Maintain and repair the structure of the building as appropriate within skill level.
- Carry out all routine building maintenance tasks (Planned Preventative Maintenance – PPMs) within set timescales (training will be provided).
- Review working processes and practices and implement improvements.
- Report to the appropriate person all unsafe conditions, damage near misses – whether or not there are any personal injuries, in order that remedial action can be taken.
- Familiarize self, and complying with, all site rules, regulations, practices and procedures affecting health and safety.
- Attend Health and Safety training in accordance with company requirements.
- Attend emergency call outs as required.
To be a successful Handy Person you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of building / fabric maintenance skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Willingness to travel within the local area.
- Trade background e.g., plumber, electrician, gas engineer.
- Experience of working within a helpdesk lead environment.
The Handy Person will be working part time, 16 hours per week, flexible shifts.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.