STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Health & Safety Consultant - Birmingham
Additional Resources Limited
£24,000 to £29,000 Per Annum
13th April 2018
Job DescriptionHealth - Safety Consultant - Birmingham
Salary - £24 - £29k + car + Fuel Card
Due to an increasing workload, our client are now looking for a qualified Health and Safety Consultant to join the Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) team in there Halesowen office.
The company are looking for enthusiastic and loyal individuals to join them in their success as they continue to grow year on year.
Our client is a leading firm for delivering environmental services across the industry. The firm provides a full range of environmental services for local government, housing associations, universities, schools, national retailers, NHS trusts, the hotel and leisure industry, demolition and construction companies, manufacturing, logistics and commercial businesses. If you are looking for a truly rewarding career and want to work for a highly successful and established company whose reputation for quality and efficiency far outweighs the others in the industry, then this role is for you!
The successful candidate will be able to provide a range of Health and Safety consultancy services and training to our membership clients and to a range of other clients who request these services as and when required.
Skills and Experience
The candidate will hold as a minimum NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent), preferably be working towards the Diploma level qualification (although this is not essential) and have knowledge or experience of some or all of the following:
* Be enthusiastic and ambitious with the desire to develop themselves and the SHE department, including taking an active role in the marketing of the SHE team services to new clients and working with existing clients to develop the partnership relationships we have with our clients.
* Have experience of ensuring compliance to Health, Safety - Environmental Legislation.
* Conducting risk assessments throughout the business in line with identified hazards.
* Delivering of a range of health and safety training courses, including IOSH working safely.
* Undertaking Fire Risk Assessments.
* Ability to undertake CoSHH Assessments.
* Achieving SSIP applications for clients
* Have the ability to work alone and as part of a team and have the ability to "learn and research" new information as and when introduced into a new client who may operate in an industry, which is new to the candidate.
* Ability to undertake occupational noise Legionella Risk Assessments.
* Conducting assessments in a variety of work places.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (some flexibility required to meet the need of the business). Salary is negotiable per annum dependent on experience and qualification. In addition, benefits include a company car, company paid healthcare (long service award applies), company pension and 22 days holiday (long service award applies) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
The successful candidate shall also be given the opportunity to undertake further qualifications and the opportunity to develop within the role and within the company
Prior to applying for this opportunity, please ensure your CV details all relevant experience to the above role.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.