STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Health & Safety Quality Assurance Manager
No Risk Recruitment
Security & Safety
11th January 2018
Job DescriptionHealth & Safety Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: Competitive + Car + profit related bonus
Benefits – Childcare vouchers, Bike to work scheme, Pension Scheme & Eye care Vouchers
Location: Preston, PR25 3GR with branch visits throughout the UK
Start Date: Immediate start available
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm
Lifting Gear UK Limited is a rapidly expanding and successful business specialising in the supply of equipment for various different applications relating to Lifting & Handling. Our service that we offer includes the Hire, Sale, Repair, Inspection, Testing and Design & Fabrication of most types of lifting related equipment on a regional, national & international level.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Quality Assurance Manager
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience within the lifting equipment industry
- Strong analytical, communication, organisational and team-working skills.
- NEBOSH qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of application standards, such as BSI ISO 9001, BSI ISO 14001 & BSI OHSAS 18001.
- Previous experience of conducting Internal & External Audits, Risk Assessments, etc.
- Good organisation skills
- Self motivation & self-discipline
- Strong IT skills
- Adult Teaching/Training qualifications preferred but not essential
Duties of the role will include:
Health & Safety
- To develop, implement and monitor the Health & Safety/Environmental Policy.
- Ensure the company complies with health & safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the health & safety of staff and visitors.
- To carry out Health & Safety audits at all branches to ensure that compliance is being maintained, and where not immediate action taken to resolve
- To increase health & safety awareness at all levels within the company.
- To investigate and report on all accidents and near misses
- Ensure the company complies to relevant industry legislation and standards in relation to Lifting Gear UK’s business activities.
- Timely completion of any Health & Safety questionnaires that will be issued by current / potential customers
- Ensuring that Lifting Gear UK Limited maintain their present Health & Safety standard and also ensuring that the Company can progress to future standards as they change / progress in the future
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Investigating and setting standards for quality/health and safety/environmental
- Ensure the company complies to current industry legislation and standards in relation to Lifting Gear UK’s business activities.
- Ensuring company procedures are followed
- Working with operational staff to establish and develop procedures, standards and systems, with priority put to ‘Lifting Projects’ to ensure the manufacturing processes comply with current standards and legislation.
- Determining training needs and ensuring employees are adequately trained for their responsibilities.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality
- To carry out Quality Assurance audits at all branches to ensure that compliance is being maintained, and where not immediate action taken to resolve
- Accompanying, when needed, the external auditors to whichever branch they wish to attend to carry out periodical audits
- Timely completion of any Quality Assurance questionnaires that will be issued by current / potential customers
- Monitoring performance
- Ensuring that Lifting Gear UK Limited maintain their present QA standard and also ensuring that the Company can progress to future standards as they change / progress in the future
Use No Risk Recruitment for all your recruitment needs and save 1000's on fees! Recruit top candidates using our fixed fee service for £175 visit [You must Apply on line ] and take a look at our promotional video [You must Apply on line]