STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
HGV Class 1 Driver
Motoring & Automotive
£26,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
5th April 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: Bolton
JOB TITLE: HGV Class 1 Driver
SALARY & BENEFITS: £26,000.00 to £35,100.00
WORKING HOURS: Full time
THE ROLE: HGV Class 1 Driver required to work in the scrap metal or bulk haulage sectors of road haulage.This a great opportunity to join a growing company in a permanent role with well maintained vehicles and great benefits.
The role is based in Bolton but will involve working nights out which comes with a nights out allowance and meal allowance as well as an attractive salary and bonus scheme. Estimated pay after taxes £565 per week. (Inclusive of allowances and bonuses)
There are currently 2 roles available for HGV Class 1 Drivers.
Responsibilities and Duties of the HGV Class 1 Driver
• To complete a daily vehicle check to ensure the vehicle is road worthy and all checks are in line with the ‘daily vehicle check’ procedure. All vehicle defects must be reported immediately in line with the ‘defect’ procedure.
• To ensure all products are loaded safely on to the vehicle.
• Check all delivery notes and drivers manifest are in order and ensure the vehicle is not overloaded by weight or capacity and that any concerns are reported directly to the office team.
• Ensure that the customer endorses all documentation before leaving the goods.
• Report any delivery discrepancies at the time of delivery.
• Inform a member of the transport team immediately should you be unable to deliver the goods to the customer for any reason.
• All vehicles are to be kept in a clean and presentable condition, both internally and externally any problem, accidental damage etc., should be reported immediately to the transport team.
• Communicate any complaints or comments made by the customer and report any underlying reason where known.
• Act as an ambassador for the company when meeting customers creating an excellent impression.
Shift patterns available:
•On a rotating basis Week 1 Monday to Saturday Week 2 Monday - Thursday
•Tuesday - Saturday (Inclusive)
• Competitive salary.
• Nights out allowance.
• Meal Allowance.
• Company pension.
• Bonus scheme.
• 28 days paid holiday.
THE CANDIDATE: The work is fast paced and good decision making, communication skills and a sense of responsibility are key to being successful in these sectors. You will ensure high standards of customer service and legal compliance at all times. You will need a HGV Class 1 licence and have a minimum of 6 months experience a Class 1 vehicle.
Key experience essential for the HGV Class 1 Driver role:
• Must have DQC card
• Must understand drivers hours and working time directive
• Maximum 6 points on driver’s license and minimum
• HGV Class 1 Licence with 6 months Class 1 experience essential
• Bulk tipper experience would be a bonus
• Must be able to work weekends (nights out are a must)
• Good geographical knowledge
• Good driving skills and knowledge of current road transport regulations.
• Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
• Live within a commutable distance of Bolton
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the ‘apply now’ button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.