STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
A growing business with sociable working hours and a competitive rate of pay is seeking 2 HGV Mechanics based in Nuneaton to join its expanding team.
As an HGV Mechanic, your duties will be to:
• Service and repair vehicles, trailers and factory transport to the standard set by the company and external transport legislative bodies.
• Carry out the role whilst ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Ensure that high levels of productivity, attendance and customer satisfaction are
• maintained at all times.
• Inspect, report, repair and service trailers, vehicles and factory transport.
• Inspect and conduct pre-MOT checks to DVSA/VOSA standards.
• Complete paperwork in relation to the above tasks.
To be a successful HGV Mechanic you will have the following skills and experience:
• Hold an industry recognized qualification, either City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety practices.
• Previous experience as an HGV Mechanic.
• Excellent mechanical diagnostic skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work flexibly to undertake a wide range of tasks.
• Full UK licence.
You will be expected to work on average a 46.5 hour week.
Week days rotational –
• Week 1 Monday – Friday 6am-3pm
• Week 2 Monday – Friday 10am-6pm Saturday 6am-2pm
In return, the HGV Mechanic will receive a salary of £15 - £18 per hour.