STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Hotel Night Porter - Oxfordshire
Additional Resources Limited
Hospitality & Catering
£10 Per Hour
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionHotel Night Porter - Oxfordshire
£10/hr plus gratuities
* Would you like to work for a beautiful and small hotel that has a real focus on quality?
* Do you love hospitality and enjoy working nights?
* Could you work 7 nights over 2 weeks
* Would a £10/hr hourly rate be of interest?
If you have said YES to all of the above this HOTEL NIGHT PORTERS role could be the ideal position for you.
My client is based in small town in Oxfordshire.
My client is looking for an engaging personality who will be able to welcome guests in and out of the hotel in a caring and charming manner. You will need to be flexible as you may also be required to help out within other areas of the hotel during the night.
The main aims of the HOTEL NIGHT PORTER will be to:
* To maintain and uphold the security and the health and safety of the Hotel and guests during the night.
* Ensuring the hotel is prepared and ready for the next day
Working with other members of the team some of your key responsibilities will to:
* Checks daily arrival lists and welcome customers to the hotel, ensuring all guests are taken to the room and shown around and informed of opening times.
* Ensuring safety and security of the hotel and guests by doing regular checks of the building, locking necessary doors and ensuring all emergency exit routes are clear.
* Handling cash, and cashier duties.
* Doing handover with the day receptionist.
* Checking e-mail correspondence and making sure all the reservations are in order.
* Printing departmental reports after end of day procedure.
* Checking-out early departures - pre-paring bills for all departing guests.
* Delivering of room service meals during the night - serving residents beverage when required.
* .Keeps up-to-date on all local events, sights, restaurants, activities, etc, in order to provide customers with necessary information and assistance.
* Keeps fully aware on hotel's room availability - banqueting events.
* Prepares night audit reports as requested. .
* Handles incoming guest room reservations via third parties using e-mails and extranet services.
* Completes shift closing accurately, updating banking spreadsheets and daily business reports and submit to the relevant managers.
Experience Required to apply for this role:
* Experience of working on a hotel reception (ideally as a Night Receptionist / Porter)
* IT Literate and competent with using systems and interpreting information from spreadsheets
* An engaging and warm personality
* Someone who can be accountable for their actions
* Ideally some form of Duty Management / Management or supervisory experience
* Ideally a car driver as the property is around 7 miles from Oxford city centre and no live in is available
* Well presented, articulate and a confident communicator
* Someone who would take a genuine interest in the local areas history
The Good Bits:
* Paid £10 / hr plus gratuities (circa £20,000 annual salary)
* Working 7 nights out of 12 (a 12 hrs shift pattern - starting at 7.00pm and finishing at 7am)
* Access to other discounts with other food and shopping outlet
* An immediate start for the right candidate
If you believe you have the drive and ambition to tackle this role as a HOTEL NIGHT PORTER - DON'T DELAY APPLY NOW!!
All candidates will be contacted with regards to the status of their application if they are eligible to work in the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003