STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Infrastructure Engineer (2) - Windows 2008/12, Exch
Additional Resources Limited
IT & Telecoms
1st December 2017
Job DescriptionInfrastructure Engineer (2) - Windows 2008/12, Exchange 2010, VMware ESXi, Citrix VDI, Cisco
Central London W1
£ [You must Apply on line] ,000pa DOE incl. London Weighting - Permanent
We currently have an urgent need for experienced Infrastructure Engineers for a national charity, to provide infrastructure support and maintenance across the Windows Server 2008/2012, VMware/vSphere ESXi 6.5, Exchange 2010 and Citrix XenApp - XenDesktop VDI environment, ensuring optimum efficiency, business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place and adhered to. You will be working within an ITIL driven environment and a similar structured background is preferred.
We are looking for people who are able to demonstrate the following experience:
Technical Knowledge and experience:
- Solid commercial experience gained in an infrastructure technical support role (2nd - 3rd Line)
- Supporting virtualised infrastructures (VMware ESX1 6.5 and VSphere)
- Extensive experience supporting Windows Server [You must Apply on line] and Windows [You must Apply on line] enterprise
- Supporting MS Exchange 2010
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop - XenApp VDI
- Supporting Windows Active Directory including DHCP, DNS, GPO, TCP/IP
- IS Security (Firewalls, Sophos AntiVirus, AntiSpyware)
- Installation, configuration, fault diagnosis and rectification of a range of local and wide area network components incl. HP Switches, CISCO routers, Firewalls, etc.
- Supporting Servers, PCs, Laptops and Smart phones (Lenovo Workstation and laptops, HP ProLiant Servers, Blades - SANS (MSA and Nimble))
- Provide support for communication systems, e.g. VOIP telephony, video conferencing, Skype for business
- Manage SCCM to deploy updates to Workstations
- Supporting Microsoft IIS
- Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam backup
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills with staff at all levels of IT experience
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Skype for Business
- Experience supporting VPN\Remote Working Cisco ASA, Checkpoint NG Firewall
- Experience supporting Microsoft Direct Access
- Scripting experience .vbs, WMI, PowerShell
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent skills
- Educated to degree level in II or equivalent
- ITIL and Prince 2 foundation desirable
You will be working within a three core shift system thus ensuring that the IS Services are adequately covered between 08:00hrs and 20:00hrs with occasional rare travel to support local offices and stakeholders throughout the country. Due to the nature of this role we will on occasion require unsocial hours of work to carry out activities related to essential maintenance, change control or patching.
Due to the secure nature of the organisation there is a strong preference for candidates with current security clearance or at the very least CRB checked.
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.