STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Infrastructure & Field Support Engineer 3rd Line -
Additional Resources Limited
IT & Telecoms
13th April 2018
Job DescriptionInfrastructure - Field Support Engineer 3rd Line - Windows AD 2008, Exchange 2010, Citrix VDI
St Mellons, Cardiff CF3
£29,000 - Permanent
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join a worthy national charity and to help make a difference to people's lifes. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join a small team of infrastructure engineers to help maintain the infrastructure and business information systems by providing field, project and technical support for the organisation.
The role will involve the following:
- Provide 2nd/3rd line technical support
- Develop and maintain all gold build images for Desktop\Laptops and Citrix VDI
- Ensure that build and technical documentation is kept up to date
- Provide support for communication systems, e.g. VOIP telephony, video conferencing, Skype for business
- Manage SCCM to develop and deploy updates to Servers, Workstations and laptops
- Developing migration scripts and strategies to provide cost effective solutions to support the charity's needs
- Installation, configuration, fault diagnosis and rectification of a range of local and wide area network components: incl. HP Switches, CISCO routers, firewalls, etc.
- Follow change and release management processes for implementing changes to the infrastructure
- Create, update and maintain system documentation
- Manage and maintain cases raised on Track-It! case logging application
- Work within ITIL framework (specifically IS Service Desk and Problem Management) to SLA guidelines
- Work closely with other IS staff and 3rd parties in support of service delivery
- Delivering on site support as required
In return our client offers competitive rewards and benefits including pension and life assurance, 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), voluntary benefits such as season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, and the opportunity to play a key role in a national charity providing world-class services.
Key technical skills will include:
- Solid proven experience in an infrastructure 3rd line technical support role
- Supporting virtualised infrastructures (VMWare ESXi 6.5 inc. VCentre(s) - SRM)
- Extensive experience supporting Windows Server 2008/2012 AD and Windows [You must Apply on line] Desktop
- Supporting Windows Active Directory including DHCP, DNS, GPO, TCP/IP
- Supporting MS Exchange 2010
- Experience with Citrix VDI XenApp - XenDesktop and Citrix Access Gateway
- Experience project delivery
- Deploying workstation builds via SCCM
- Understand group membership, user - NTFS share permissions
- Experience of supporting HP ProCurve Switches, ProLiant Servers, Blades and Sans inc. Nimble, Lefthand and MSA
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Skype for Business
- Experience supporting Microsoft Direct Access and Scripting experience .vbs, WMI, PowerShell
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills with staff at all levels of IT experience
- Qualified to MCSE level or equivalent experience including ITIL - Prince 2 foundation certified (Preferred)
You will be working within a three core shift system thus ensuring that the IS Services are adequately covered between 08:00hrs and 20:00hrs with occasional travel to support local offices and stakeholders throughout the country. Participation in weekend work or late night working to complete projects or provide support as required.
Due to the secure nature of the organisation there is a strong preference for candidates with current security clearance or at the very least CRB checked.
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.