STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Inventory Operative / Driver
Motoring & Automotive
£20,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionThe largest water and waste-water services company in the UK is seeking an experienced Inventory Operative / Driver to join their growing logistics team based in Slough, Berkshire. There are a number of company benefits including an excellent contributory pension scheme, healthcare, season ticket loans, paid volunteering days and much more!
In order to be considered for this role you must have previous inventory experience and hold a valid HGV or Class 2 licence.
This company provides the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day, it supplies 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and its 350-sewage treatment works to treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water.
As the Inventory Operative / Driver, your duties will be to:
- Use the stock system to ensure that levels in the distribution centres reflect real time holdings to ensure that system matches physical holdings.
- Undertake deliveries and collections and comply with stock management principles and governance.
- Maintain the fleet of mobile assets and ancillaries.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and agreed on procedures to ensure a safe and legal working environment and consistent quality standards.
- Maintain a safe and efficient handling of the vehicle in all respects.
- Ensure that all delivery and returns procedures are followed.
- Ensure all Company equipment is maintained, utilised and returned as required within operational processes to the transport office/depot daily.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are met within the company and legal frameworks.
- Report vehicle defects and ensure that the defect is documented.
- Comply with driver’s regulations and Working Time Directive in line with the O license legalisation and Company procedures.
To be a successful Inventory Operative / Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous inventory experience.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- HGV / LGV or a Class 2 licence is a must.
- Understand transport legislation and the European Working Time Directive.
- Knowledge of warehouse and management systems.
- A fork lift truck licence would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good level of numeracy.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Working hours are 36 hours a week between the hours of 6am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Paid overtime will be available during events where we are required to support.
In return, the Inventory Operative / Driver will receive a salary of up to £26,400 per annum depending on experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.