STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
IT Software Engineer
IT & Telecoms
£29,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
11th January 2018
Job DescriptionNew opportunities have arisen for experienced IT Software Engineers to join one of the world’s biggest suppliers of online gaming based in the Isle of Man. The company design and develop trailblazing technology and are a respected and sought after development house for developers.
You will be providing technical expertise across multiple products and platforms. Working as part of a team of software engineers you will ensure the availability of products and services, minimising interruption should maintenance or upgrades be required. Responsible for the correct operation and recovery of hardware and software systems, you will engage with operators, developers and third-party providers to establish effective testing and implementation procedures. You will also resolve support issues, provide ongoing solutions, develop and maintain productive client relationships, and tackle problem resolution head on.
You will be an original thinker with a passion to learn and assist others through contributing to improve the product and team through collaboration and innovation. There will be a requirement to support functions outside of normal working hours when required.
As an IT Software Engineer you will be responsible for: -
- Planning and performing software releases and configuration working to agreed methodology.
- Maintaining all Production and UAT environments.
- Creating and updating documentation for team processes and supported products.
- Analysing and understanding logged incidents with a strong technical awareness in order to respond effectively within agreed SLA targets.
- Provide effective, efficient and professional solutions to all customers’ queries or concerns;
- Achieve key performance indicators and customer satisfaction metrics.
To be a successful IT Software Engineer you will have the following skills and experience: -
- MCSE 2012 (SQL server track).
- SQL, T-SQL skills, in addition to DBA and Data Warehousing.
- Demonstrable experience in Windows Server applications.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies and IT infrastructure (servers, networking and storage).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and perform under pressure.
In return, the IT Software Engineer will receive a salary of between £29k and £40k. You will also benefit from Life Assurance, a Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness Cover.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.