STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
ITIL Service Desk Manager - National Charity
Additional Resources Limited
IT & Telecoms
£38,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
13th April 2018
Job DescriptionService Desk Manager - National Charity
St Mellons, Cardiff CF3
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Manager to join a National Charity based in the St Mellons area of Cardiff. This is a newly formed role for the area and a great opportunity to join the organisation at a time of change whilst they relocate the Service Desk function out of London to Wales. You will report directly to the Assistant Director Technology.
You will be responsible for the management of day to day operations of the IS Service Desk, ensuring that incidents, problems and service requests are dealt with and resolved within SLA within an ITIL framework environment. Ensure at all times that there is adequate cover between 9. [You must Apply on line] .00 hrs. You will provide leadership to IS Service Desk staff and volunteers including training and/or mentoring on a daily basis.
Skills - Experience
We are looking for someone who is able to offer solid management experience of IS Service Desk (Helpdesk) teams within a strict ITIL environment, delivering service to SLA guidelines. You will have extensive report writing experience as you will be expected to produce management reports on Service Desk activities and performance against SLA - KPI compliance. You will also be instrumental in establishing and obtaining goals for acceptable performance in accordance with SLA and to develop, update and implement IT policies and procedures on ITIL best practices. ITIL foundation and/or ITIL Manager's Certificate in IS Service Management required.
The technical environment consists of (hands on experience would be preferred):
- Windows Server [You must Apply on line] , AD, Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2007, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Citrix VDI including XenApp and XenDesktop
- Skype for Business Enterprise
- MS Windows 7/10 - MS Office 2013 Professional
- ITSM tools (Track-IT) in an ITIL environment
- Ensure incident, problems and service request are delivered within Service Level Agreement parameters
- Report on IS Service Desk activity and performance against SLA
- Highlight service level issues and escalate in a timely manner to minimise corporate risk and enhance customer service experience
- Develop, update and implement IT policies and procedures on ITIL best practices
- Administer IS Service Desk System and ensure adequate staff cover
- Manage annual review process for team, and related objectives and development, ensuring that the team are motivated and effectively developed
You will have solid interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills, be customer focused with an excellent telephone manner. You must be able to manage time and conflicting priorities in a complex environment. Able to work methodically as part of a team or independently, and able to work without direct supervision.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid to give a commitment to get the job done as this may, on occasions require unsocial hours of work in addition to participation on an Emergency on call rota with potential nationwide travel as required.
Due to the nature of the charity you must be able to pass DBS police checks or have already obtained security clearance previously.
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.