STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
ITIL Services Manager / Service Desk Manager - Card
Additional Resources Limited
IT & Telecoms
9th May 2018
Job DescriptionITIL Services Manager / Service Desk Manager - Cardiff CF3
To £40,000pa permanent
Our client is relocating their Service Desk Operations from London to Cardiff and are looking to recruit an experienced ITIL Service Desk Manager to join the organisation to help set-up newly formed service desk team (ITIL driven), recruiting, training and managing the team on a daily basis. As this is a newly formed role and function for the area it is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to create their own team from scratch and join the organisation at a time of exciting change. You will report directly to the Assistant Director Technology.
You will be responsible for the management of day to day operations of the IS Service Desk (1st - 2nd line support), ensuring that incidents, problems and service requests are dealt with and resolved within SLA within an ITIL v3 framework environment. Ensure at all times that there is adequate cover between 9. [You must Apply on line] .00 hrs. You will provide leadership to IS Service Desk staff and volunteers including training and/or mentoring on a daily basis.
Skills - Experience
We are looking for someone who is able to offer solid management experience of IS Service Desk (Helpdesk) teams within a strict ITIL environment, delivering service to SLA guidelines. You will have extensive report writing experience as you will be expected to produce management reports on Service Desk activities and performance against SLA - KPI compliance. You will also be instrumental in establishing and obtaining goals for acceptable performance in accordance with SLA and to develop, update and implement IT policies and procedures on ITIL best practices. ITIL foundation and/or ITIL Manager's Certificate in IS Service Management required.
- Develop, update and implement IT policies and procedures on ITIL best practices
- Ensure incident, problems and service request are delivered within Service Level Agreement parameters
- Report on IS Service Desk activity and performance against SLA
- Highlight service level issues and escalate in a timely manner to minimise corporate risk and enhance customer service experience
- Administer IS Service Desk System and ensure adequate staff cover
- Manage annual review process for team, and related objectives and development, ensuring that the team are motivated and effectively developed
You will have solid interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills, be customer focused with an excellent telephone manner. You must be able to manage time and conflicting priorities in a complex environment. Able to work methodically as part of a team or independently, and able to work without direct supervision.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid to give a commitment to get the job done as this may, on occasions require unsocial hours of work in addition to participation on an Emergency on call rota with potential nationwide travel as required.
The technical environment consists of (some hands on experience would be preferable):
- Windows Server [You must Apply on line] , AD, Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2007, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Citrix VDI including XenApp and XenDesktop
- Skype for Business Enterprise
- MS Windows 7/10 - MS Office 2013 Professional
- ITSM tools (Track-IT) in an ITIL environment
Due to the nature of the organisation's public services you must be able to pass DBS police checks or have already obtained security clearance previously.
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.