STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Lecturer in Computing
£24,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
11th January 2019
Job DescriptionDo you want to work at a College with world class facilities?
This could be the role for you!
Our client is currently seeking a Lecturer in Computing to join their state of the art College based in Carlisle.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for teaching on and further developing a range of courses within your curriculum. You will also undertake course or group tutor responsibilities and related duties.
Your duties will include:
• Teaching a range of curriculum courses to all levels
• Undertaking associated organisational/administrative duties relating to teaching duties
• Undertaking recruitment, enrolment and induction programmes within the curriculum
• Carrying out tutorial duties relating to student welfare and academic counselling responsibilities
• Undertaking monitoring, evaluation and assessment procedures to support the progress and achievement of student learning
• Acting as a course or group tutor as required, including carrying out the associated functions in managing the course
• Developing new and existing courses and the curriculum initiatives to meet the learning needs of students
• Taking an active part in the everyday operational organisation of the curriculum and its work and contributing to implementing quality policies and procedures
What do you need?
You need to have 5 GCSE's (A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent. You also need to have a PGCE / Cert Ed or Teaching qualification (or a willingness to work towards one) and substantial experience of working within a related field. You will have experience of a breadth of hardware and IT system software such as: Java, C++, RAD, OOP, Databased driven websites, Dynamic web design, Security and hardware.
Where will you be working?
Our client, a college based in Carlisle, offers an extensive range of higher and further education, professional qualifications and community programmes, from access courses to HNDs and qualifications from professions such as accounting, management and others specific to industry.
Interested? Click apply now!
Vacancy: Lecturer in Computing
Salary: £24,197-£34,427 dependent on experience (Consideration will be given for a market rate supplement for a candidate with higher level skills and the ability to teach HE). Up to 53 days paid leave per annum. Excellent pension scheme (TPS).
Hours: Full time
Closing Date for Applications: 8th February 2019