STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
£38,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
17th May 2018
Job DescriptionThe largest supplier of industrial gases and related equipment in the United Kingdom is seeking an LGV Mechanic to join its expanding team based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
The company operates a fleet of cryogenic road tankers, cylinder vehicles and compressed gas trailers. The role will encompass not only vehicle / trailer maintenance but also cryogenic and pressure systems maintenance, working with a small team of Mechanics.
As the LGV Mechanic your duties will include:
- General servicing of a full fleet ranging from 10 – 44ft vehicles.
- Diagnostics and repairs.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Ordering parts and completing works service paperwork.
To be a successful LGV Mechanic you will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven personal safety record.
- City & Guilds, NVQ’s or equivalent qualifications in LGV vehicle maintenance.
- An LGV (C+E) driving licence.
- Be a good communicator and have a flexible approach to working times.
- A thorough knowledge of the tester’s manual.
- An ADR driver’s licence covering class 2 (in tanks).
- Familiar with MAN/DAF vehicles and Wabco/Haldex braking systems.
- Experience working within the dangerous goods sector.
This role requires some flexibility in working hours, working on a ‘Double Days’ rota hours are between 0600 and 2100, 42 hours per week.
In return, the Mechanic will receive a salary of £38,000 - £40,000 per annum plus a shift allowance £2,4000 and a company pension and 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank holidays.
The position is to start immediately following a successful interview with the client.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.