STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Live in Carer
Health & Medicine
£20,000 to £21,000 Per Annum
14th May 2018
Job DescriptionPosition: Live in or Live out Female Carer
Location: Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
Salary: £20,800 + Overtime
Working Hours: 39 Hours Per Week – Split Across 5 Days (Flexible Rota)
Our client is looking for a fabulous Live in or Live out Female Carer to assist with the care of their daughter. Abigail is a bright & bubbly 18 Year-old girl, who has global development delay and physical disabilities. She also has an epilepsy diagnosis (nocturnal only) and needs help with all activities of daily living often at a 2:1 ratio Abi is at the centre of an extremely fun and welcoming family, including Mum, Dad and Brother. She needs full care living in her own home with her family, and you would be part of the team. There is an existing team of 3 Carers.
The Live in or Live out Female Carer:
This Live in or Live out Female Carer role is 39 hours per week, worked across 5 days. You will be expected to work on a rota basis, however this is flexible and can be changed to suit. You will act as back up to the family, or as part of the care team if they are away. They are looking for a Carer that can commit to a minimum of 12 months, and will consider candidates on live in or live out basis. Their Carers’ travel with them, so this includes all international travel - as an example in previous years their previous Carers have been to Egypt, Disneyland, France, Turkey, Antigua, so not a job for those who don't like flying
- In term time the Carer role will include getting Abi up and ready for school, and then driving her to school
- During the day there will be some household duties and ironing, and the Carer will take Billy (the Labradoodle) for a walk
- The Carer will pick Abigail up from school and work alongside another Carer for some of this time as she requires 2:1 for transfers
- There will be the opportunity on some days to implement physiotherapy
- In the holidays, time will be spent doing fun activities and the family often travel - Abi loves warm weather and being in the pool!
- Personal care and medication administration as well as epilepsy management will be required
- Some experience of care or nursing (additional training is provided)
- Use their own initiative, both in and around the house and also in making a life for themselves as this is a live in role
- Good sense of humour
- Not afraid of hard work
- Willingness to work alone and with other carers
- Must have a full UK Driving Licence – A car is provided on duty, as driving is an essential part of the role
If you are interested in this Carer position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
PLEASE NOTE: (Sex Discrimination Act Section 7 (2) (b) (ii) applies)
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.