STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Locum Clinical Psychologist in Preston, Lancashire
Health & Medicine
£25 to £30 Per Hour
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionID Medical is seeking Psychologist to fill a locum position in Preston. Ideal candidates will be able to deliver concise, professional advice while exhibiting a caring and compassionate attitude towards patients.
Successful applicants will be required to:
* Supporting/undertaking risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and provide specialist advice to the ward on psychological aspects of risk assessment and risk management. This would include supporting the development of an initial written formulation of the patient's needs, including an initial formulation of risk.
* Providing highly specialist psychological assessment of clients with highly complex conditions based on the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources.
* Enabling Formulation sessions with staff about the client, building capacity in the team for construction of shared formulations, often using the 'Five P' model
* Support the MDT to help develop the person's care / treatment plan including through MDT review meetings.
* As clinically appropriate, to support the MDT with relevant staff training (including subjects such as PBS, Mindfulness, Risk Assessment, Autism, Self-harm and the concept of 'Personality Disorder').
* 1-2 years' NHS or UK Experience
* Valid Professional registration
* Current DBS
* Acute Medicine & Inpatient experience
* Should be able to start ASAP
When working with ID Medical, you will benefit from:
* Huge range of temporary and permanent vacancies to choose from
* Manage your career online through our industry-leading website
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24-hour support service
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring relevant qualified friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical position. If you know someone suitable for this, or any of our roles, send them our way and be rewarded!
About ID Medical
ID Medical is the UK's leading recruitment agency, supplying locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, to the NHS and private medical providers - supplying over 5 million hours per annum. Award-winning ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical to view more job opportunities to grow your career.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.