STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
M&E Project Manager
An award winning consultancy specialising in the provision of technical services to the London residential building sector now seeks to add an experienced M&E Project Manager with Mechanical Bias.
As Project Manager, you will be working on site, being responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time & to budget. Projects are generally separate to usual day-to-day activities within the business and will require a group of colleagues to work together in order to achieve specific objectives. The Project Manager will oversee the project to ensure the desired results are achieved and the most efficient resources are utilised. Duties of the Project Manager will include, but not be limited to:
· Agreeing project objectives
· Providing advice on the management of projects
· Organising the various professional people working on the project
· Carrying out risk assessments and method statements
· Making sure that all the aims of the project and programmes are met
· Making sure the quality standards are achieved
· Using IT systems and site sign in system to keep track of people and progress
· Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
· Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
· Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing
· Attending progress and programme meetings
· Liaising with the client as required
· Develop and issue programmes as required using Microsoft Project
· Identify and capture variations to the main contract
· Ensure colleagues undertake their roles efficiently
· Issue Technical Submittals in co-operation with the Technical Team
· Manage visiting or site based Quantity Surveyor
· Prepare and present monthly reviews with Directors
· Procure on site labour as required
· Liaise with the Buying Department on ordering materials
To be considered for the role of Project Manager, you are required to hold at least a HNC in a Building Services related subject, along CSCS Black Managers Card and an SMSTS Health & Safety Certification as a minimum.
You will have good mechanical installation knowledge and experience on new build residential high rise projects, including Energy Centres. Ideally you will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience within a project management role, working on projects exceeding £5million in value.
Key Skills required for the Project Manager
· Knowledge of AutoCAD
· IT skills including Word, Excel & Project
· Organisational and analytical skills
· Communication, interpersonal and team working skills
· Commercial awareness
· Management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate people
This is a contract role for initially 8 months, however could lead to permanent for the right person.
Paid at £300 per day
Please apply with full up to date CV and contact details.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.