STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Mechanical / Electrical Assembler
£10 Per Hour
11th June 2018
Job DescriptionA leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries is seeking a Mechanical / Electrical Assembler based in Leicester to join its expanding team.
As a Mechanical / Electrical Assembler your duties will include:
- Being responsible for building standard SGV sub-assemblies using purchased components, bolt to frames and making electrical connections using assembly drawings and bills of material within the parameters of established production schedules.
- Performing vehicle debugs on subsequent vehicles of a type with minimal assistance.
- Following all ISO 9001 system procedures (i.e., ECNs and NCRS) and work instructions relevant to the position.
- Self-auditing / inspecting assembled work prior to final inspection, using drawings and checklists as appropriate or as supplied.
- Discussing errors in diagrams or production orders with supervisor or engineers to clarify assembly problems.
- Identifying any safety concerns related to vehicle design and operation.
- Performing miscellaneous building maintenance as required.
To be a successful Mechanical / Electrical Assembler you will have the following skills and experience:
- Mechanical assembly experience.
- Due to the nature of the role, you must be physically fit.
- ONC in mechanical engineering or similar.
- HNC in electrical engineering or similar.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics and bills of material.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
The Assembler will be working Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-1pm with lots of overtime.
In return, the Assembler will receive a salary of £11.19 per hour / time and a half for Overtime.