STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Mechanical Fitter - Cardiff
No Risk Recruitment
£25,000 to £27,000 Per Annum
2nd January 2018
Job DescriptionMechanical Fitter - Based in Cardiff
Monday – Friday 7.15am – 3.45pm
Salary - £25k, pension.
Working for a dynamic and growing supplier of compactors, balers and other waste handling equipment. A varied role which includes refurbishing, repairing and altering machinery in the workshop and on occasion assisting with the installing, de-commissioning, servicing and maintenance of equipment at customers sites in South Wales and the UK.
Principal activities to be conducted will include dismantling and reassembly of machinery, hydraulic installation, steel fabrication and welding, repairs and basic electrical installations.
- Electrical/Mechanical engineering qualification or as a time served fitter
- Hydraulic circuits and mechanical experience
- Understanding of electrical circuits and electronic/electrical enclosures
- Basic welding and fabrication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clean driving licence
- Forklift truck licence
- Check and refurbish hydraulic power packs and fluid control equipment including cylinder repairs and reseals and hose preparation
- Reseal hydraulic cylinders
- Inspect drives, motors, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment
- Fabricate and make replacement parts as required
- Strip and disassemble machinery
- Fabricate and weld hoppers, guarding and hydraulic lift assemblies
- Check and refurbish associated electrical control panels and other circuits
- Reassemble and test all refurbished equipment
- Receive and despatch parts
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Assemble, install or repair wiring
- Complete condition reports and necessary worksheets
- Hydraulic circuits and mechanical experience is essential
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance would be an advantage
- Electrical experience and an understanding of electrical circuits and electronic/electrical enclosures.
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Fault finding ability
- Attention to detail essential
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligation
- Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles
- You would need to be adaptable and open to change
- Flexibility as occasionally the role would require duties outside the normal scope of mechanical fitter to assist the business where required.
- 100% team player who’s willing to work outside the core hours in order to achieve tight deadlines.
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be resourceful in getting the job done.
Please email a copy of your CV
Use No Risk Recruitment for all your recruitment needs and save 1000's on fees! Recruit top candidates using our fixed fee service for £175 visit [You must Apply on line ] and take a look at our promotional video [You must Apply on line]