STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
£16,000 Per Annum
11th June 2018
Job DescriptionDo you like working in an active role? Do you love the great outdoors? Do you want to take control of your schedule and work flexibly?
An expanding company is looking for self-motivated Meter Readers who love working outdoors and living an active lifestyle to join its team of Data Collection Agents working on behalf of many of the UK’s leading energy suppliers. The role is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking, progressive organisation and really develop your career in the utility industry. You will receive 20 days holiday + bank holidays each year, and the choice to join the company pension scheme after 12 months of continuous service.
You will be an ambassador for the company, representing leading energy suppliers, therefore a professional image and courteous attitude will be required. Due to the customer facing nature of the role, excellent communication and customer service skills are essential in your success, along with the drive and motivation to work in an independent role.
As a Meter Reader your duties will include:
- Being responsible for collecting data from gas and electricity meters.
- Walking from property to property and providing excellent customer service on the way.
- Using your own judgment to plan your route and decide when it is appropriate to call at certain properties, ensuring your own and customers’ safety at all times.
To be a successful Meter Reader you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving licence.
- Use of a vehicle with business insurance to complete the role.
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- The ability to work to timescales and under pressure.
- A flexible approach to tasks and working hours – availability to work 37 hours a week between Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 8am to 6pm.
The successful Reader will be offered a permanent contract with a base salary of £16,148 per annum, in addition, we offer a bonus scheme based on achievable outcomes from the collection of data – the more meter’s you read, the more of a bonus you receive!
In order to be successful, the Reader must be able to pass the screening and vetting standards, 5 years employment history and DBS assessment.