STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
MOT Mechanical Technician
Protyre have a vacancy for a fully qualified MOT / Mechanical Technician for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre in Exeter.
The Role of MOT / Mechanical Technician
Based in Exeter and reporting to the Centre Manager, you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to MOT’s and general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As a Mechanic you will:
• Be responsible carrying out repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Hold an NVQ level 3 in a related subject or equivalent.
• Have welding and tyre fitting capabilities be advantageous.
• Complete various mechanical and servicing work.
As an MOT Technician you will:
• Carry out Class 4 MOT Tests on all makes and models of cars, completing service certification adhering to VOSA requirements.
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes, suspension and exhausts.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Vehicle Inspections in accordance to VOSA
• Perform MOT repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures
• Remove and refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles
Skills and experience required:
• Approved MOT Tester Class 4
• Clean Driving Licence
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames
• Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast paced dynamic environment.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Motor, automotive, repair, tyres, fitter, mechanic, technician, maintenance, repair, MOT, VOSA,