STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Protyre have a brand new position for a fully qualified MOT Technician / Mechanic for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre in Stockport.
Protyre is the retail arm of Micheldever Tyres, the UK’s largest independent tyre wholesaler, distributor and retailer who handle one in every five tyres replaced by UK motorists. As part of Protyre, Direct Tyres has a reputation for the great service to the local community. They employ over 1,700 highly trained operatives across an expanding network of centres nationwide, who pride themselves on the service they provide to Customers and teams who work with the latest technology.
The Role of MOT Technician / Mechanic
Reporting to the Centre Manager you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to MOT’s and general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As a MOT Technician / Mechanic you will:
• Carry out Class 4 MOT Tests on all makes and models of cars, completing service certification adhering to DVSA requirements.
• Be competent in repairs i.e. brakes, suspensions and exhausts.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Vehicle Inspections in accordance to DVSA
• Perform MOT repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures
• Remove and refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles
Skills and experience required:
• Approved MOT Tester Class 4
• Full Driving Licence
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames
• Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Motor, automotive, repair, tyres, fitter, mechanic, technician, maintenance, repair, MOT, VOSA,