STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Out of Hours Control Team Leader
Job DescriptionAn expanding company is seeking an Out of Hours Control Team Leader based in Chelmsford to join its expanding team to ensure the effective, efficient and safe out of hours resource of operations by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s and managing the operational staff.
As the Out of Hours Control Team Leader, your duties will be to:
• Communicate effectively and liaise with patients, healthcare professionals and senior on-call management as required.
• Help manage incoming calls, especially during peak periods.
• Manage escalation calls when necessary.
• Make clear and concise decisions, at short notice on occasions, without referral to a higher authority but always in line with the protocols set out by the control centre management team.
• Observe the team to ensure their performance is of a high standard and arrange one to ones periodically.
• Encourage the independent growth of each individual, whilst strongly promoting the importance of working together as a team.
• Ensure the daily log is updated by controllers.
• Lead, motivate and monitor staff in order to develop and improve their skills, so that customer expectations are continually met or exceeded.
• Liaise with clinical staff to understand patient’s special needs and mobility to ensure their safe transport ensuring the patient's dignity and respect is maintained.
• Engage with ward staff and patients to organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery.
• Liaise with external agencies as required, ensuring that contractual issues are resolved and co-operation is achieved.
To be a successful Out of Hours Control Team Leader you will have the following skills and experience:
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team with strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and the application of a common sense approach.
• Have strong leadership skills.
• A caring attitude towards patients and outgoing friendly manner, able to show empathy.
• Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service.
• Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure and be and professional at all times.
• Undergo enhanced DBS.
• Previous Team Leader / Supervisor experience.
• Knowledge of patient transport services.
• Experience of working in the confidential environment.
• Basic literacy and numeracy are required.
• Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within.
You will be working nights, 4 on 4 off shifts between 18:00 and 6:00. You will be working 42 hours per week.
In return, the Out of Hours Control Team Leader will receive a salary of £25,000 per annum.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.