STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Panel Technician / Panel Beater
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Panel Technician / Panel Beater
LOCATION: Ballyclare, Co Antrim
SALARY & BENEFITS: A competitive rate of pay will be available, to be decided dependent on experience.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days’ paid holiday
- Company pension scheme with very generous matching employer contributions
- Health cash plan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Free staff car parking
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
WORKING HOURS: Full Time 40 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Our client is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. They have unrivalled capabilities within Northern Ireland for commercial vehicle accident repair. They are currently seeking a Full Time Panel Technician / Panel Beater to fulfil an expanding workload in Ballyclare, Co Antrim.
Typical Duties / responsibilities for the Panel Technician / Panel Beater:
• Repair or replace as necessary bodywork panels of damaged vehicles according to the instructions received or details on the job card – this will include chassis and framework
• Dismantle and repair damaged vehicles by either repairing damaged panels or by replacing those beyond repair
• Adhere to manufacturers literature and modification bulletins as appropriate to the repair and to the replacement of chassis and panel work
Skills, qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will have previous relevant experience of:
• MIG & Spot Welding
• Removal and replacement of welded panels.
• Previous experience of:
• Panel beating repairs on commercial / heavy goods vehicle
• Cab and chassis straightening and alignment
• Full cab replacement
• Metal, Electrical and Trim
• An HGV driving licence would be desirable but is not essential.
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic expected of the successful Panel Technician / Panel Beater
The successful candidates will:
• Insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiencies
• Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records
• Work with safety in mind at all times
• Be honest and courteous
• Be accountable
• Have a responsible and methodical attitude to work
• Be motivated and enthusiastic
• Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
There will be opportunity for overtime as and when required.
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Panel Technician / Panel Beater position based in Ballyclare, Co Antrim then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps