STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Job DescriptionAre you looking for a new challenge or wanting to further your career development?
If you have the planning knowledge to manage resources effectively to get the right vehicle in the right place at the right time please read on….
We are seeking an organised and professional logistics Planner to join an exciting and expanding team based in Chelmsford. The role will play a vital role in the control centre, scheduling non-emergency patient journeys to and from hospital appointments.
As the Planner your duties will be to:
• Schedule and plan patient journeys across regions, optimising the resource available.
• Identify shortfalls in the resource at the earliest opportunity and escalate to Senior Planner.
• Monitor activity levels to identify and highlight trends in demand or problem areas.
• Ensure plans allow sufficient rest breaks for all crews.
• Ensure breaks are evenly distributed throughout the fleet taking into consideration vehicle mobility’s and journey demand at peak times of the day ensuring KPI’s and T&Cs are upheld.
• Ensure that the transport takes place by the most efficient means within the constraints of the contractual requirements.
• Flag any concerns to the Service Admin Manager at earliest opportunity e.g. Resource issues, vehicle availability, comms etc.
• Minimise requirements for overtime and third-party spend by ensuring journeys are completed within core shift times.
• Develop a robust and efficient plan for the following day ensuring the most efficient use of resource and within contractual KPI windows.
To be a successful Planner you will have the following skills and experience:
• Good standard of education qualified at least to GCSE level.
• Knowledge or competency with the ability to use Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook.
• High level of organisation skills.
• High standard of verbal communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills are required.
• A clear and pleasant telephone manner.
• Excellent people skills.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• An understanding of Patient Transport Services.
You will be working 40 hours per week.
In return, the Planner will receive a salary of £23,000 per annum.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.