STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen for a Dental Practice Manager join a modern and well established practice in central Cardiff. This mixed NHS and private dental practice offers excellent opportunities for a motivated and passionate Dental Practice Manager. The role of the Dental Practice Manager is to work closely with the Principal Dentist, Receptionist, Nurses and Clinicians to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the whole practice.
As a Dental Practice Manager your duties will be to:
• Manage all areas of the practice and ensure policies/procedures/staff records are in place and maintained to meet CQC/GDC/HTM01-05 compliance requirements
• Manage and develop all non-clinical aspects of patient/customer care
• Ensure smooth & efficient running of the premises and equipment
• Liaison with external suppliers and trades people as may be required for upkeep of the premises
• Grow the reputation through excellent non-clinical patient care
• Identify & co-ordinate appropriate marketing activity which attracts new patients
• Monitor the clinician diaries and identify/agree ways to maximise appointment levels
• Carry out banking for the practice
• Ensure financial and patient records are accurate and well maintained
• Ensure the reception and nursing teams are efficiently staffed at all times and carry out their duties in support of the clinical team effectively
• Confidently handle any patient complaints that may arise in line with current procedures, liaising with the relevant clinical team member and Principal as necessary
• Plan and lead regular update meetings with the Principal
• Plan and lead regular team meetings/training sessions
• Undertake regular one to one development and performance reviews with staff
• Place job adverts and support Principal with interviews as required
• Ensure all health and safety protocols are in place & maintained
• Undertake regular audits of practice policies & procedures and agree/deliver appropriate action plans
• Carry out other duties as required for the efficient running of the practice
• Ensure adequate systems in place to delegate essential practice management duties during holiday leave/absence.
• Identify and make appropriate improvements to working practices in conjunction with the Principal.
An ideal Dental Practice Manager will hold the following skills and experiences:
• Dental Practice Management experience.
• Experience and good working knowledge of Care Quality Commission requirements.
• Good all round management skills particularly HR, administration, planning, delegation and task management.
• Computer Literate, familiar with MSOffice and Practice Management Systems (SOE / EXACT).
• Calm and able to work under pressure.
• Organised and able to prioritise workloads.
• Dependable and flexible.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Creative and able to use own initiative.
• Team player.
• Motivated and able to enthuse others.
• High expectations of self and others.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.