STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Health & Medicine
£9 to £10 Per Hour
18th May 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: Lancaster
JOB TITLE: Private Carer
SALARY & BENEFITS: £9.50 - £11.50 per hour
WORKING HOURS: Day, evening and night shifts including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility to cover sickness and holiday cover will be required
THE ROLE: As a Private Carer you will be required to undertake a range of duties to support this gentleman within his own home and within the local community. He requires full personal care and is a wheelchair user. He lives in his own home. Having had an acquired brain injury some years ago, he is still very active, so this job needs you to be physically fit, as there will be many and varied activities involved. Some are gym based, others more educational or artistic.
Key Responsibilities of the Private Carer to include:-
• Personal Care
• General Household duties
• Learning support
• General day to day activities
• Supporting the service user within the local community
• Completing care plans
• Organise and support the team
THE CANDIDATE: We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You should be able to work well within a team environment as well as independently. You will need to be psychologically robust yet sensitive to the needs of the client and physically fit due to the nature of the role and helping with rehabilitation. It is desirable that you will hold an A level, degree or equivalent in any subject.
Key experience essential for the Private Carer role:
• Non smoker
• Female worker (Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9 )
• Physically fit to attend various activities such as swimming, gym and long walks
• Able to assist with all aspects of personal care
• Driving licence is preferred
• Care background experience
• Flexible to cover other team members’ holiday and sickness periods at short notice
• Live within a commutable distance to Lancaster
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.