STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
We have an excellent position available for an experienced Production Planner based in Leeds within a modern craft bakery company that works closely with leading retailers and food service operators.
As Production Planner you will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager where you will be responsible for ensuring:
• Products manufactured are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications.
• That goods are ready to distribute to customers in a timely fashion and the production.
• Distribution of our client’s products runs smoothly, while contributing to improving their production and distribution processes.
Key Accountabilities as Production Planner:
• Responsible for daily and weekly production plans across our client’s sites.
• Liaising with key areas of the business to ensure customer’s orders are fulfilled, in full and on time.
• Produce daily and weekly production plans for several production sites across the company
• Review customer orders to ensure that these can be fulfilled, by taking into account a number of factors including stock, order volume, capacity, delivery time
• Produce statistical reports on efficiencies of production from sites, showing previous site efficiency to support analysis and development
• Excellent communication and direct contact with customers to discuss their orders and enable you to accurately forecast delivery
• Liaise with the Production/Factory Managers to ensure that your production plans efficiently utilise the resources available
• Preparation and distribution of a Production Forecast report, shared with other key departments in the company to enable accurate and efficient capacity planning
• Regular communication with agreed storage and haulage suppliers to ensure that deliveries are made to the agreed timescales
• You may be required to perform additional duties within your skill and competence as the Company may reasonably require, where the work-load demands and/or there is a business need.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures including those to protect the health and safety and welfare of anyone affected by the Company’s business.
• Undertake training to meet the requirements of the role.
• Behave in a manner, which respects the differing needs and cultures of other staff.
To be successful for the role of Production Planner you need:
• A good standard of education including GCSE Maths and English
• Ideally 2 years’ experience in production planning in a food environment
• Strong IT skills and competent with using Excel
• An excellent ability to communicate with suppliers, customers and internal teams
• The ability to work weekends and bank holidays and extended hours when required
Hours & Salary
In the role of Production Planner, you will work 40 Hours per week, 8am to 4.30pm with 30 mins unpaid lunch break, Mon – Fri (Saturdays when required) with Bank Holidays on a rota basis. There is a salary on offer of £11.50 per hour (circa £24,000+ per annum).
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Production, planner, manufacturing, operations, food,