STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Admin, Secretarial & PA
£10 Per Hour
16th May 2018
Clare Castle Country Park is a beautiful quiet area to relax, play, get close to nature and learn about Clare’s fascinating history and heritage.
The park contains the remains of the 13th Century stone castle keep set upon its 12th century 60ft high motte overlooking the town, as well as its inner and outer baileys which are ideal areas for recreation and picnics. The inner bailey also contains the former railway station which now houses the Platform One Cafe serving hot drinks and food throughout the year.
Away from the open green areas, visitors can find the footpaths through the trees and along the banks of the River Stour and along the old railway line. Here can be viewed the variety of trees and plant life, and information boards show the various birds and water life which can be seen along the waters’ edge.
Annual visitor numbers are around 100,000
The Trustees of Clare Castle Country Park are looking to employ a Project Administrator.
This post will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Park’s Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) Project, including the administration of Clare Park Centre, and any other administration tasks that are deemed appropriate.
The Project includes both capital spend on buildings, interpretation and infrastructure, and the implementation of a comprehensive activity plan, phased over a period of some 2 ½ years.
Job Title: Project Administrator
Hours: 17.5 hours per week, to include occasional evening and weekend working for 2 years 6 months
Salary: £11,000 (excluding on costs)
Responsible to: Project Manager for 18 months and then the Park Manager. The role includes working alongside the Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th June 2018
The Administrator will:
- Provide administrative support to the HLF Project Team, Project Manager (first 18 months)/Park Manager (final year), and Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager as required
- Manage the day to day running of the Clare Park Centre to ensure that individuals and organisations have the resources required
- Issue and pay invoices
- Maintain accurate records of income and expenditure
- To be the first port of call for enquiries and general correspondence
- Respond to queries about the Park by phone, email, post and social media
- To work closely with Trustees, volunteers, contractors and others to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the delivery stage of the project
- To act as secretary to the HLF project team
- To provide clear and accurate project status and other reports
- To ensure that all project documentation is complete, current and appropriately stored
- To maintain a project diary and daybook, and make any necessary travel, accommodation and meeting arrangements
- To maintain appropriate financial information relating to the project and produce reports as required
- To be in charge of all office-based supplies and equipment
- To maintain appropriate IT systems relating to the project, including websites and social media
- To maintain such statistics and other information as the project team deem necessary
- To assist in maintaining good relationships with all organisations and individuals involved with the project
- To maintain records of volunteer involvement in the project
These are the key tasks as currently defined. They are not listed in priority order and post holders should not place emphasis on the location of the task within the forgoing job description. From time to time the key tasks may be varied and the post holder will be expected to take on such variations within the constraints of the grade and the level of responsibility implied in it.
The start date for this new position is provisionally scheduled to start between 1st August and 31st October, depending on the applications received.
Click the apply now button where you will be able to email to request for an application pack & attach your CV.