STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
26th April 2018
Job DescriptionPosition: Project Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
They offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements.
Due to their continued growth, they now have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the organisation.
The Project Manager Role:
The Project Manager must be a ‘hands on, can do’ person, responsible for the overall Program Management of pre-determined projects, dealing with all Internal and External Stakeholders.
As the Project Manager, you will coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. As part of the role, you will monitor the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Set up of the project management process for executing the project
- Take ownership of all aspects of the Project and develop a financial baseline
- Communicate to Senior Management through Project Reviews and other means, updates and snapshots of the Project including highlighting issues in a timely manner
- Manage the following aspects of the Project: Overall Engineering development efforts, Contract Deliverables and Contract Milestones, Risk management plan development and mitigation strategy, Sub Contractors and Distributors, Interface with Civil Construction contractors
- Maintaining the Project Gantt or Schedule
- Working with the sales team and logistics to ensure that the Commercial, Licence, Shipping and related documents are in process and/or complete, accurate and/or available within the related Project timeframes
- Achieve Factory, Site and Final Acceptance processes in conjunction with QA/QC Team
- Confirm System complete to BoM prior to Shipping and on arrival at Site including Install Tools and Spares Packages and in full compliance with the documentation requirements
- Work with the identified Installation and training resources to ensure that all availability, travel, planning, labor and other resources are in place
- Manage Customer expectations including installation timeframe
- Manage handover to the Customer including completion of Final Acceptance
- Degree educated preferably Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Ideally PMP or similar PM professional qualification or PRINCE2 qualified
- A good communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic equipment or complex multi-disciplined equipment or systems ideally with knowledge of inspection systems
- Managed installations of equipment Projects ideally outside of the UK or mainland US and prepared to travel and remain at Project Sites or location for prolonged periods
- Dealt with Multi Agency, diverse Sub Contractors and/or complex Government End User/Customer at Site and throughout a Project
- Ideally with additional ‘skill-sets’ i.e. H&S, ILS or QA/QC or Process background
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
- Fantastic career progression – Opportunity to work within an industry leading organisation
If you are interested in this Project Manager position, simply submit your CV & Covering Letter via the button shown.
Keywords: Project Manager, Electrical, Electronic, Engineering, PRINCE2, PMP, Mechanical, Hydraulic, Installation, PM, Contractor, Stoke, Staffordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.